Territory Young Scientist Categories
- Students complete a practical investigation where variables are altered and an investigation of an effect is conducted. The topic can be independently chosen by the student or teacher directed in the selection of the topic or variables.
- Non multimedia
- Students create a visually stimulating poster on a scientist or conveys a scientific principle, concepts or issue
- Students make a labelled model that explain a scientific principle, issue or concept
- Scientific Writing
- Students using written word convey a scientific principle, idea, issue or concept. This can be done in various forms including a report, a storybook, a poem or an essay
Innovations and Inventions
- Students build a physical device that demonstrates a scientific principle, solves a problem or provides a different approach to a problem. It should be a moving/working device and not static.
- Students create a bug using entirely recycled materials and explain its habitat and behaviour.
- Student create an artifact (written piece, video, model or poster) that conveys the Be Crocwise message
STEM in the NT - My STEM Project